WHO IS DELEGATE CRUTCHFIELD?
- Charlotte is the mother of a daughter who recently graduated from college and a son who entered his freshman year of college this Fall.
- Charlotte is a military widow. Her husband served as an officer in the United States Public Health Service.
- Charlotte’s family has lived in Montgomery County for over 100 years and she has lived in District 19 for over 15 years.
- Charlotte is an attorney and has been a member of the Maryland State Bar for more than 25 years. She served the community as an Assistant State’s Attorney for Montgomery County. Charlotte’s current practice area is Employment Law.
- Charlotte was appointed by the Montgomery County Council to serve a three-year term on the Merit System Protection Board (2014-2017), where she was responsible for protecting county employee’s rights. She ended her term as Chair.
- Charlotte is a public servant, she was elected by the voters of District 19 to represent them as a member of the Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee.
- Charlotte has been a member of various Democratic Clubs including President of the Legislative District 19 Democratic Club and an Executive Board member for the Woman’s Democratic Club (Formerly Woman’s Suburban Democratic Club).
- Charlotte has served her community as Parliamentarian for the Potomac Valley Section, National Council of Negro Women, Inc., Board Member of the Tivoli Community Association, Girl Scout Leader, and with membership in the NAACP, National Organization for Women, Montgomery County Bar Association, J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association, the Howard University Alumni Club of Montgomery County, and the Kemp Mill Toastmasters’ Club.
- Charlotte was President of the Glenallan Elementary School PTA and has been a member of the PTSA Executive Boards at Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School and John F. Kennedy High School.
- Charlotte obtained her BA from Howard University and her JD from Boston College Law School.
Our Community. Our Voice.